The Seattle Times reports that an IDC study highlights 10 small mobile companies — with three of them in the Seattle-area.
The companies that IDC chose as emerging players to watch for 2007 are:
- Dexterra (mobile enterprise software and tools)
- Firethorn (mobile banking)
- GoGoMo (peer-to-peer marketing tool )
- GrandCentral Communications (A phone number tied to you, not to a phone or location)
- InnoPath (Mobile Device Management solutions)
- iSkoot (make and receive Skype calls on your mobile)
- JumpTap (mobile search)
- mFormation Technologies (Mobile Payments)
- Sonic Branding Solutions (provider of mass market wireless and internet games)
- TeleNav (location-based services)
IDC said the 10 companies have four broad strategies or attributes: companies looking to create new markets and industry sectors using new or existing capabilities; companies developing new ways to address customer and industry needs; companies that see market challenges in terms of business opportunities; and companies that have the potential to both grow and play larger roles in the broader mobile industry over time.