AT&T’s new website says FREE AT&T Wi-Fi access is now available for Apple iPhone at thousands of hotspots nationwide, including Starbucks. More than 17,000 locations, including most Starbucks are now available to the Wi-Fi equipped iPhone.
- Activate Wi-Fi from the settings icon on your iPhone
- Select “attwifi” from the list of available networks
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number and check the box to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy. Tap ‘continue’
- You will receive a text message from AT&T with a secure link to the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot. You will not be charged for the text message.
- The SMS link will only be valid for 24 hours at the location it was requested. Another request must be submitted when using another hotspot location.
- Open the text message and tap on the link for 24-hour access to the AT&T Wi-Fi hotspot
AT&T’s Wi-Fi is free to the company’s 3G and DSL customers, with everyone else paying either $20 a month or $4 per session. Unless you buy a Starbucks Reward card, of course.
When you register your Starbucks Card and use it at least once a month, anyone can receive two consecutive hours a day of complimentary Wi-Fi, courtesy of AT&T. They’ve turned this on and off over the past few months, explains CrunchGear, and this time it looks like it’s going to stick.
Glenn Fleishman famously proclaimed; Free Wi-Fi from Starbucks? Ha! Ain’t. Gunna. Happen.