Google’s VP for products Marissa Mayer was on Charlie Rose last night.
- Voice search will be here in five years, vision search in ten.
- What’s the next big idea? Killer apps involving cell phones like Google Latittude.
- The differences between Larry and Sergey: Sergey likes math, Larry likes to look at interfaces.
- You can’t take down your Facebook Wall anymore. People will get suspicious.
- Steve Jobs is as much a technologist as a marketer.
- The Internet needs to be as fast to use as a magazine.
- Google advertisers aren’t used to the pace of the (Google) news cycle yet.
- Most startups become marketing driven or sales driven, but Google’s remained very technology driven.
- Yahoo’s lost a lot of their good people and that’s why’re they’re failing.
- Social networking “is the equivalent of user crack.”
Charlie Rose is in Silicon Valley this week. A conversation with Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, is scheduled for tonight.