Verizon Wireless today announced DROID Incredible by HTC, their newest Android device. DROID Incredible by HTC is the first Verizon Wireless phone that takes advantage of Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and the first phone from Verizon to include an 8 megapixel camera.
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense experience
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Friend Stream for unified Flickr, Facebook and Twitter updates
- “Leap” view for quick access to all seven home screen panels
- 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash
- 3.7 inch WVGA (480×800) AMOLED capacitive touch display
- Optical joystick
- Dedicated, touch-sensitive Home, Menu, Back and Search keys
- Proximity sensor, light sensor and digital compass
- Integrated GPS
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- 3.5 mm headset jack
The phone will be available for pre-order online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning on April 19 and it will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on April 29. Pricing will be $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
AT&T is the only U.S. carrier to offer smart phones with all major operating systems, notes the Dallas News. They include: