Meraki today introduced two new outdoor 802.11n cloud controlled wireless access points for harsh outdoor and industrial indoor environments.
The MR66 features two concurrent radios, with speeds up to 600 Mbps for the most demanding environments. The single-radio MR62, with speeds up to 300 Mbps, is designed for value-oriented outdoor WLANs.
Both access points feature a sleek, attractive industrial design.
Key features include:
- Powerful radio platform: up to 600 Mbps throughput, Gigabit Ethernet ports (802.3af PoE compatible), and extra CPU and memory to handle over 100 clients per AP
- Layer 7 Application Traffic Shaping to throttle apps like BitTorrent while prioritizing voice and video
- Ultra-high performance, self-healing mesh routing for hard-to-wire areas and point-to-point links
- Built-in network access control (NAC) to secure the network from viruses and intrusion
- Water and dust sealed ruggedized enclosure
Meraki’s cloud-based centralized management provides unified views of all your devices, including mobile clients connected to third-party networks.
On the other hand, inexpensive, indoor WiFi hotspots can also be cloud-controlled using Power Cloud Systems. Their software can be embedded on hardware like Ubiquity’s UniFi hotspots for as little as $100 a pop.