It’s a busy week. Apple’s mini tablet is due tomorrow, Microsoft’s Windows 8 and RT are due on Friday, and quarterly reports for several tech firms will be announced this week.
- Today, on Oct 22, Yahoo announced its earnings for the quarter. They’re better than expected.
- On Tuesday, Apple will likely unveil their iPad Mini, MacMini and Retina display Macbook along with rumored educational software.
- Also on Tuesday, after Apple’s event, Facebook and Netflix will report earnings.
- On Wednesday, AT&T and Zynga will report earnings
- On Thursday, Apple and Amazon will report earnings
- On Friday, Microsoft will debut its Windows 8 operating system and Surface tablets, helping to define the future of mobile and desktop computing.
Microsoft’s Windows 8, along with Microsoft’s Windows RT for tablets and Windows Phone 8 for phones – on October 29 – are landmark events. Small tablets, new Android phones and tablets, and Atom processors on smartphones and hybrid tablets will reshape the industry for the next few years.
The Consumer Electronics Association is predicting that U.S. consumer electronics sales will top $200 billion for the first time this year. Consumers on average will spend $1,634 this holiday on all goods, with about $252 of that on consumer electronics, says the CES.