The big Mobile World Conference in Barcelona isn’t the only flashy trade show this week. The Digital Signage Expo, the largest tradeshow dedicated to digital signage is winding down in Las Vegas, with cellular signage, digital billboards and interactive touchscreens getting lots of attention.
Announcements at DSE 13 included:
- Samsung is showcasing their Smart Signage Platform, an open-source solution, they hope will simplify deployment and facilitate growth of a new application ecosystem, with SDK support.
- Microspace is showing a host of content delivery solutions. Owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a diversified radio/television company, its VELOCITY satellite service broadcasts content to locations around the globe.
- 3M will be featuring two large-format multi-touch displays that include an 84-inch collaboration table concept and a 55-inch interactive digital wall, featuring a remarkable 40 simultaneous touch points
- The SensyTouch 42″ multi-touch table and 60″ wall systems provide custom-designed interaction for many industry applications, including trade shows, hospitality, shopping malls, museums and automotive showrooms.
- Exceptional 3D today announced their patented auto-stereoscopic 3D display technology.
- Peerless-AV unveiled the first wireless White Space broadcasting system that can distribute HD content to an unlimited number of digital TVs within a 350-foot radius – far surpassing the 150-foot signal reach and four-screen multicasting limit of WiFi-based solutions.
- X2O Media will be showcasing its new HTML5-based digital signage software. The cloud-based X2O Channel Designer can be accessed from anywhere via a Web browser. The open platform also integrates with third-party media players — such as the Cisco IEC 4600 Series player, and the Exceptional 3D player.