Among the new products to be shown at IFA 2013:
- Samsung will be showing off its smart watch, dubbed Galaxy Gear, on September 4. It reportedly will not have a flexible screen, but it will be a stylish companion for your Android smartphone (although the watch isn’t Android-based). The bigger and better Galaxy Note 3 will also be there.
- Sony has already announced its Android-powered SmartWatch 2. It becomes available in September. Sony’s biggest launch at IFA will likely be the Xperia Z1, a waterproof smartphone with a 20-megapixel sensor capable of shooting 4K video. Sony’s QX10 and QX100 are innovative removable lens kits for smartphones, in both small chips and APS-sizes inside the removable lens.
- Lenovo ultrabooks for business are expected.
- LG will show G Pad 8.3 with a full HD display (1920 x 1200).
- HTC will show off its One Max, a 5.9-inch Android 4.3 phablet which is rumored to have a Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
- Acer’s Android-based Acer DA241HL is a 24″ all-in-one desktop running Jelly Bean 4.2 and boasting an Nvidia Tegra quad-core processor. But there are also new Windows-based All-in-One PCs, like the Acer Aspire U5-610 and new Aspire Z3 models with the latest AMD and Intel processors.
Meanwhile, Apple has sent out invites for a September 10, 2013 event at the company’s Cupertino, Calif. headquarters. It is widely expected that Apple will introduce new iPhones and other devices at the event.