Ubiquiti Networks, today announced that it has launched UniFi VoIP, a new line of Enterprise smart phone technology using Android phones. The system will be managed by a PBX integrated within the UniFi Software Defined Networking (SDN) Control Plane to provide seamless, scalable telephony.
- Hi-resolution touch screens
- Android KitKat 4.4.2 with Google Apps and Google Play support
- Advanced call manager application with powerful conferencing and group calling features
- WiFi and Bluetooth wireless capabilities
- Integrated hi-res video camera for video conferencing
- Plug and Play SIP Setup (no analog phone lines needed)
- Advanced call groups and conference call capabilities
The UniFi Controller software is bundled with the UniFi VoIP Phone at no extra charge.
Ben Moore, vice president of business development at Ubiquiti Networks, said “the UniFi platform will become much more than just wireless. It will shape into a massive Software Defined Networking platform encompassing routing, switching, video security, VoIP, wireless and much more.”
UniFi VoIP is now sampling with shipments expected this quarter.